20 Things Small Business Customers Want Out of a Rewards or Loyalty Program
- A welcome kit – customized to your business
- The option to get updates via text, email — or push notifications on an app if you have an app
- Rewards bucks/points to spend on items in your store
- Exclusive discounts
- Exclusive offers
- Free product
- Upgrades in service or products for being a member
- Exclusive event invites
- Chances to win big ticket items thru sweepstakes and giveaways
- The opportunity to enter exclusive contests for members
- Digital tracking of rewards on a web site or app
- Points they can redeem on items or sweepstakes entries
- Instant gratification – don’t make people wait to get their rewards!
- Earning points in non-traditional ways (surveys, training module, following you on social, etc.)
- “Surprise & Delight” events
- Exclusive content – send that monthly email newsletter to members!
- First crack at seeing new products or experiencing new service offerings
- Mentions and interaction with them on social media
- Exclusive experiences in your store or with other members (try an after-hours happy hour and shopping night for members only)
- Small Business Saturday exclusives for members!
And some things customers DON’T want:
- Coupons/discounts for products they will never buy
- Having to track points or purchases themselves
- Having to be present to win or earn rewards
- Membership fees
- Being spammed by emails or social tags
- Having their personal information sold
- Unattainable rewards thresholds
Focus on what your customers want to create the best rewards program you can for your small business. Need help with a sweepstakes, Surprise & Delight, a contest, giveaway, mobile app, or web site for your program? Contact us!
- 10 Amazing Prizes Under $600 Your Customers Will Want to Win
- How Do I Run a Text to Win Sweepstakes?
- From the MK Promotion Archives: Marden-Kane Advertisements Through The Years
- From the MK Promotion Archives: Hunt’s Great Recipe Hunt
- Why Do People LOVE Cash Prizes