5 Social Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes Ideas
Love is in the air! Make it work for your brand with a Sweepstakes. Here are five ideas to get you started. All of them are social in nature, and there is still time to put any one of these into place before the big day.
1. “What the World Need’s Now is Love, Tweet Love” Sweepstakes – Run a Twitter declaration of love Sweepstakes. Just ask for the best twitter love note in 140 characters or less with the hashtag of your choice (like #tweetlove). Give away prizes worthy of your entrants’ object of affection – flowers, candy or dinner.
2. Anti-Love Day on Facebook Sweeps – Ask for Facebook comments from people NOT celebrating V-Day on how they plan to spend the day. Reward your winners with gifts a single person would love, like NetFlix or Match.com memberships.
3. Procrastinator’s Instagram Sweepstakes – No one wants to be that guy in CVS on Valentine’s Day getting the last card and the dented box of chocolates. On the day of, ask for pictures from those last minute procrastinators on Instagram with an appropriate hashtag (such as #badvalentine) and reward your winners with the gift they should have gotten if they hadn’t waited.
4. Snapchat Secret Admirer Sweepstakes — Ask your followers to register their secret crush on your web site. Once registered they get a photo which shows a url with a code to Snapchat to their crush. If their crush gets the Snapchat photo and logs in to the URL using the code, they get to find out who their secret admirer is – and both the secret admirer and the crush could win a dream vacation.
5. I love you more than…. Pinterest Sweepstakes — Ask people to create a Pinterest board and pin photos of all the things they love – including your brand or products – with the hashtag #iloveyoumorethan. Name the board the thing they love more than all the things, for example “I Love Mom More Than….” Or “I Love My Husband More Than….” Select your random winners and reward them with your products.
As always, pay close attention to the platform guidelines for promotions when executing any promotion, and make it legal! We can help you with any and all aspects of your sweepstakes — from rules to execution. Call or email us for help.
For prize ideas check out our Valentine’s Day Contest Prizes blog.
- Instagram Giveaway Ideas
- Run a Legal Pay to Play Sweepstakes
- 5 Ideas for a Successful Cinco de Mayo Promotion
- March Madness: How to Run a Bracket Challenge
- 5 Text Message Marketing Ideas