Snapchat Promotion Guidelines: A Guide to Running Sweepstakes and Contests on Snapchat
These guidelines make it very clear that any sweepstakes, contest, instant win game or other promotion (coupon, giveaway, etc.) MUST do the following:
- Be easy to enter.
- Have official, legal rules.
- Make it clear that Snapchat has nothing to do with your promotion and is not responsible or liable in any way.
- Follow all Snapchat guidelines, policies and terms of service.
And you MUST NOT:
- Use Snapchat’s name, logos or trademarks in your promotion.
- Encourage anything illegal.
- Encourage anything “spammy” such as asking people to send Snaps to friends or posting multiple snaps of the same content.
- Encourage others to violate Snapchat’s policies.
For the full Snapchat promotion guidelines go to https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/promotions-rules.
Since Snapchat does not have a public API that can be used to pull contest entries by hashtag like Twitter, you might want to try one of our Snapchat promotion ideas that can take advantage of the platform without any special tools.
Want to do something on a grander scale? Contact us for help creating a custom promotion for your brand.
- Celebrating 20 Years with Marden-Kane Account Director Cheryl Thornton
- Post-Pandemic Prize Considerations
- Create a Successful Loyalty Program
- 5 Ways to Run a Flawless Beauty Pageant
- Instagram Giveaway Ideas