Top 10 Promotional Marketing Posts of All Time
Each year we track all of our promotional marketing posts and measure them over time. Some posts come up over and over in searches. Some are more time sensitive and only stay popular a year are two. Here are the top promotional marketing posts from 2008 through the end of 2017:
- Good Criteria for Judging a Contest As you are all probably aware, a contest is a game of skill; whereby entrants are judged on their ability to successfully perform skill-type activities. For example, writing an essay, preparing a recipe, answering trivia questions or solving puzzles would all be deemed to require skill. To solidify the importance and absolute necessity of skill in a Contest, sponsors should focus on and clearly identify the scoring and judging process … Continue reading
- What is Promotional Marketing Promotion marketing is any message that includes an incentive to persuade the target audience to take immediate action, thereby driving some form of brand interaction that leads to a current or future purchase. Promotion is different from advertising and other forms of marketing in that the goal is to drive immediate behavioral change. Promotional marketing is an often-misused tool when placed into inexperienced hands. You must ensure that any promotional marketing that you do is associated with your brand in a positive way and is conducted in a manner that respects the unwritten rules of internet etiquette. Promotional marketing … Continue reading
- Criteria for Judging a Photo Contest I would like to expand the list of suggested Contest Judging Criteria as it applies specifically to Photo Contests to include updated entry methods, social media trends and promotional knowledge acquired in the past 2 years. Continue reading
- Difference Between SS and Contests The words “promotion,” “sweepstakes,” “contest” and “giveaways” are sometimes used interchangeably. However, there are a few very distinct differences between sweepstakes and contests. To start, the word “promotion” can be used to describe many different marketing tactics including Sweepstakes, Contests, Instant Win Games, Continuity and Loyalty Programs. Two of the most common promotions are Sweepstakes (games of chance) and Contests (games of skill). The major difference between sweepstakes and contests is that … Continue reading
- 5 Creative Snapchat Promotion Ideas Quick. Look at this message before it disappears. It’s a coupon for a free…. Psych. Too late. Your Snapchat message already disappeared. The idea behind Snapchat is that you can privately message someone and set the message to delete after 1-10 seconds. And while many marketers may think that this platform does not lend itself to promotions because of things like disappearing coupons, with a little creative strategy you CAN utilize Snapchat to run offers, sweepstakes and contests that will drive brand awareness and increase sales. But first, a little background on Snapchat. Snapchat is a social platform that … Continue reading
- International Sweepstakes and Contest Laws That May Cause Problems If you think that sweepstakes laws can be confusing and expensive to adhere to in the US, wait till you check out these unique laws in other countries. Continue reading
- What Makes a Good Promotional Campaign? The art of marketing relies heavily on the various ways in which products, services, and even people are advertised and presented to the general public. Promotional campaigns are one of the most fundamental tools used to introduce or reintroduce any given product or service to a large audience over a period of time. There are many factors that must be choreographed in order to pull off an advantageous promotional campaign. Even before execution, a campaign must contain certain vital elements at its foundation so that positive results will be ensured upon completion. The campaign must be formulated to reach an attainable goal, must be presented in a unique way that engages its audience, and must, throughout its course, showcase the item or service which is its focus. At its completion, the promotional campaign must bear results. Continue reading
- Sweepstakes Winners: W-9s and 1099s Sponsors of Promotion Games of Chance offering and awarding prizes valued at $600 or more should be aware that they are responsible to obtain a signed, legible copy of an IRS form W-9 from every winner that they issue a prize to. This means that any eligible entrant who has been verified as a prize Winner you issue a prize of $600 or more to, will need to fill out a W-9 form for you … Continue reading
- What is Consideration in a Sweepstakes? Consideration has many definitions, but when it’s included in a Game of Chance such as a Sweepstakes, the promotion could be violating federal, state and local laws and regulations governing Sweepstakes and Contests. When a promotion combines the elements of (1) prize, (2) chance and (3) consideration, it is a Lottery. All lotteries, except those which are state operated are illegal under federal law and the laws of all fifty states. Continue reading
- Stop Being Boring and Come Up With a Better Promotion Name Every so often a new promotion gets underway and it has a working title, such as the “Acme Las Vegas Sweepstakes”, because the brand (Acme is just being used for illustrative purposes, by the way) is having a sweepstakes and the prize is a trip to Vegas. We treat this as a working title, but there are lots of other elements to the sweeps – a celebrity tie-in with a cool throwback 90’s theme for the creative, and a grand prize trip to Las Vegas with a stay at the penthouse of a 5-star hotel, and a night backstage stage … Continue reading
Contact Marden-Kane to come up with a top sweepstakes or contest for your brand in 2018.
- Promotional Marketing Predictions for 2018
- Top 10 Promotional Marketing Posts of All Time
- The Marden-Kane Most Read Posts of 2017
- Planning a PyeongChang 2018 Olympics Promotion? Check The Guidelines First.
- What is Contest Indemnification?