Use Unique Codes for Your Next Instant Win or Sweepstakes
Use unique codes can enhance your next sweepstakes, giveaway, or instant win game. With unique codes incorporated into your promotion you can:
- Provide tracking of entrants back to a region or store.
- Give your sales team a specific range of codes that can be tracked back to their sales, which can give you the opportunity to reward the highest producers.
- Pinpoint game participation to a specific geographic area.
- Determine which products are the biggest drivers in the promotion.
Unique codes on printed game pieces given out at stores or on products, or obtained online or via email, can be required for entry into your next instant win, giveaway, or sweepstakes. As long as you provide a no purchase necessary method to obtain codes, you can put codes on items for purchase, which has a potential benefit of increasing sales.
Successful unique code generation, however, involves more than just doing some math. While anyone can generate a random string of characters, unique code generation should also take into account things like tracking, the space you have for the codes on print pieces, making sure codes are legible, and more.
Here are just a few things to think about when doing unique code generation:
- Some characters look the same, so make sure the “O’s” and “0’s” in the codes can be differentiated – or better yet don’t use characters that might be confused at all.
- Make sure you use enough characters to ensure that each code is unique, and also that someone can’t make up a working code. The fewer characters and numbers you use in code generation, the easier it would be for someone to guess a working code. For example, if you used codes that are 4-characters long, using only the digits 0-9, you have potentially 10,000 combinations generated, of which you may only use 100. However, if you needed to create 5,000 codes using the same 4-character long format, it would be fairly simple to guess a code without actually obtaining it through the proper channels, especially if someone knew the parameters. Using more variations of code length and more characters (letters and numbers) will help ensure there are enough valid combinations to go around without making guessing codes too easy.
- And finally, make sure one of your codes doesn’t accidentally use an inappropriate word, because that never looks good on your brand when it gets posted to social media.
So how do you get started for your project that needs generation of unique codes? Call us! We can generate unique codes and take the guesswork out of it!
- Celebrating 20 Years with Marden-Kane Account Director Cheryl Thornton
- Post-Pandemic Prize Considerations
- Create a Successful Loyalty Program
- 5 Ways to Run a Flawless Beauty Pageant
- Instagram Giveaway Ideas