Case Study: Brooks Run Happy Pinterest Contest
Brooks Run Happy Pinterest Contest
- Brooks Running wanted to launch its presence on Pinterest but knew there were challenges with the relatively new Pinterest platform. They also were aware that simply asking people to follow the brand on Pinterest without first engaging them and giving them a reason might not be the best way to go. They had a core following on Facebook and Twitter that they wanted to tap into, but they weren’t sure how.
- Marden-Kane worked with Brooks to develop the Brooks “Pin Your Run Happy” Pinterest Contest. The Contest was developed to work within the legal confines of the Pinterest platform which, at the time, was not open to the public and had various legal challenges that MK was able to address.
- The Contest utilized the Facebook platform to gather entries, and Brooks went with Marden-Kane’s recommendation that they engage their Facebook and Twitter fans to convey the idea that Brooks is all about “Running Happy.”
- Consumers were required to “Like” Brooks on Facebook and complete a form to enter. They then had to create a board named “Run Happy” on Pinterest. Brooks asked that entrants fill their board with Brooks products and things that inspire them to Run Happy.
- The winner’s board was then showcased on the Brooks Pinterest page and the pins were repined to Brooks Running own Pinterest board called “Run Happy.”
- Over 3,500 new Pinterest followers and thousands of Brooks branded pins were generated as a direct result of the contest
- 88% Increase in referral traffic to brooksrunning.com from pinterest.com
- #1 Running Brand on Pinterest (by size of following)
- “Marden-Kane’s expertise permitted Brooks to successfully launch our presence on the social sharing site Pinterest. Through an online contest, within just four weeks Brooks was able to develop a following of thousands and become the most-followed running brand on Pinterest. Marden-Kane’s support throughout the promotion was excellent.”
- How to Spot a Sweepstakes Scam
- Content Moderation: A Requirement for Social Posts and Contests
- 5 Ways to Improve How You Run a Giveaway on Social Channels
- 10 Ways to Promote Your Sweepstakes or Giveaway
- Sweepstakes Email Opt-in Best Practices