Case Study: The Western Union Safeway Weekly Giveaway Instant Win Game
The Western Union Safeway Weekly Giveaway Instant Win Game
- Western Union is a financial services company that provides consumers and businesses a fast, convenient and reliable way to move money. Their goal was to build awareness of the Western Union services that are available in participating Safeway Company Store agent locations.
- Western Union also wanted a way to create greater consumer engagement with current and potential customers and generate excitement by offering them a chance to win great prizes.
- To achieve Western Union’s goals, Marden-Kane crafted and launched the Western Union Safeway Weekly Giveaway Instant Win promotion. Each time a customer made a Western Union Money Transfer, Bill Pay or Money Order transaction in a participating Safeway Company Store agent location they automatically received a unique instant win game code. To enter the promotion consumers had to visit a dedicated microsite and enter their instant win game code. Every time they made a qualifying transaction they received another instant win game code and a chance to win one of several prizes.
- To adhere to the No Purchase Necessary requirements, entrants who did not want to make a Western Union transaction, could request a free code by mail which they could use to enter.
- With a total of 248 prizes including several $500, $50 and $20 Safeway Gift Cards the promotion incentivized consumers to utilize Western Union’s transaction services several times during the course of the promotion and created a buzz around the promotion.
- To further entice consumers to use Western Union’s transaction services an automated email was sent to all entrants that did not win a prize, with a promotion code to save 40% off on their next qualifying transaction fee.
- The number of entries that this promotion yielded surpassed the client’s expectations.
- Roughly 25% of entrants opted in to receive additional information about Western Union and be on their email list.
- Facebook Custom Application Changes for Brands
- Avoid Clickbait Tactics to Make Your Social Sweepstakes a Success
- 5 Reasons to Use Electronic Gift Codes as Prizes
- How to Create Sweepstakes and Contests So Easy Anyone Can Enter
- Marijuana Marketing Making Us Dizzy and Confused