Legal & Administration
Official Rules Development
We author Official Rules, Terms and Conditions and all the necessary legal disclaimers and disclosures for your sweepstakes or contest. Our promotion administration professionals ensure that all laws regarding sweepstakes in the areas in which you are marketing your contest are addressed. We monitor law bulletins for any changes in how current laws are interpreted or enforced, and we work with several leading and widely respected law firms to ensure we are ahead of any breaking developments that may impact the planning or implementation of your campaign.
Specific Services Tailored Meet Every Requirement
- Evaluation of written, submitted promotion concepts and/or scenarios.
- Concept options that are compliant with federal, state, and local lottery laws as they are currently interpreted and enforced.
- Official rules authored by experienced Marden-Kane personnel and evaluated by retained outside legal counsel.
- Fast delivery — with official rules typically delivered within 2-3 business days from receipt of complete evaluation material.
Run Your Promotion Worldwide
For promotions that extend beyond the U.S., we have a network of promotion marketing attorneys in all major population centers internationally. If you want to conduct a sweepstakes in Mexico, France, Japan, Russia, etc., Marden-Kane is your go-to agency.
We Provide Everything You Need
Our administrative suite of services provides a comprehensive solution for any promotion campaign.
- Development of official rules
- Legal review of promotion concepts and materials
- Pre-qualification and review of entry (form)
- State registration and bonding for sweepstakes (when needed)
- Selection and validation of winners
- Processing of winners list and rules requests
- Processing of affidavits of eligibility and publicity/liability releases
- Processing and filing of IRS Form #1099
- Assignment of alternate means of entry via P.O. Box or digitally
- Procurement and fulfillment of prizes
- Bonded destruction/erasure of entry data
- Auditing and support of sweepstakes entrant inquiries
- Collection and secure storage and destruction of data
- CCV filing for businesses that want to engage in fund-raising efforts on behalf of non-profit charities
- What is Contest Indemnification?
- 10 Holiday Prize Ideas for Your Next Sweepstakes
- What Should Be Required for a Sweepstakes Entry?
- Win Experiential Marketing with Legal Giveaways
- Official Rules vs. Terms and Conditions: A Guide to Help You Choose Correctly!