Technology & Hosting
One of the first agencies to support an internal online promotion group, Marden-Kane has leveraged technology to enhance the delivery of client promotion campaigns. Since 1995, our singular focus has been to perfect the design and delivery of a wide range of interactive promotions – Sweepstakes, Contests, Instant Win Games, Loyalty and Continuity Platforms – in a timely and cost-effective manner in multiple mediums. Our solutions work; just ask our clients!
Is Promotion Creative Different?
Simply put, yes! Through our experience with thousands of online promotions, our creative directors and technologists know what works. They’ll guide you through the process of developing your online promotion so it is easily understood by your target audience and it delivers upon your desired business objectives.
How Do We Begin?
First, we listen! Then, based on our understanding of our client’s needs, we prepare a brief that defines the critical pieces of information:
- What are the key metrics and objectives?
- Who is the target audience?
- How does the target audience access content (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet)?
- What social networks/applications do they engage with?
- What are the key creative elements and necessary calls-to-action?
- Is the proposed user experience easy to understand, and does it meet the needs of the end-user?
- Do you need a mobile-optimized website or other unique mobile creative?
- Is the proposed prize structure compelling to the target?
- What is the ideal entry period?
- What are the necessary components within the official rules to ensure that the promotion is legally compliant?
Our methodology is designed to be highly collaborative. This ensures buy-in and approval from our client at the end of each phase of work. Key phases of our interactive process include:
- Requirements Definitionin which we assess and define all aspects of the promotion.
- Detailed Designwhere the project brief, site map, and information architecture wireframes are turned into impactful creative concepts.
- Buildwhere we “stitch” the front-end creative to the back-end components. For us, it is all about building with a responsive design adapted to multiple devices.
- Testing(and more testing) where we test on multiple browsers as well as on multiple devices.
- Deploymentwhere the promotion microsite/application is migrated to our production environment and made-ready for “Go Live.”
- Maintenance and Managementwhere we continually focus on the optimal performance of the promotion microsite/application.
All client websites and applications are hosted at our hosting partner, Rackspace Managed Hosting. Rackspace is a Tier 1 hosting provider with 24-hour support and redundant capabilities. When warranted, Marden-Kane provides co-location services in two or more locations.
Our daily reports provide robust quantitative data from the promotion database and from the promotion website. Data provided to our clients includes: registrants, opt-ins, entries by state, entries by zip code, entries by time and date, website traffic, website unique visitors, website top browsers and operating systems, and time on website, just to name a few. We work with our clients to define key reporting elements and then provide those daily throughout the promotion.
- Instagram Giveaway Ideas
- Run a Legal Pay to Play Sweepstakes
- 5 Ideas for a Successful Cinco de Mayo Promotion
- March Madness: How to Run a Bracket Challenge
- 5 Text Message Marketing Ideas