I just saw Grandma…on Twitter? (INFOGRAPHIC)
A research study by Nielsen Marketing* considers the 76 Million Baby Boomers to be “the most valuable generation.” From a dollars and cents perspective Boomers today account for $230 billion in sales of consumer package goods alone. In the next 20 years it’s projected they will control 70% of the nation’s disposable income and stand to inherit $15 trillion.
A Nielsen executive commented that “Boomers are going to force the (marketing) industry to think more about marketing customization and marketing to specific needs.” Promoting products and services to a massive older group of consumers (who don’t consider themselves old) requires marketers to adopt new approaches. We’ve prepared an infographic with promotion marketing tips relating to sweepstakes and skill contests for marketers to consider when the Baby Boomer generation is their desired audience.
*8/17/12; Huffington Post; “Boomers are ‘The Most Valuable Generation for Marketer’s’, Nielsen Report Finds.
- Federal Lottery Laws Explained
- 10 Amazing Prizes Under $600 Your Customers Will Want to Win
- How Do I Run a Text to Win Sweepstakes?
- From the MK Promotion Archives: Marden-Kane Advertisements Through The Years
- From the MK Promotion Archives: Hunt’s Great Recipe Hunt