The Western Union Safeway Weekly Giveaway Instant Win Game
- Western Union is a financial services company that provides consumers and businesses a fast, convenient and reliable way to move money. Their goal was to build awareness of the Western Union services that are available in participating Safeway Company Store agent locations.
- Western Union also wanted a way to create greater consumer engagement with current and potential customers and generate excitement by offering them a chance to win great prizes.
- To achieve Western Union’s goals, Marden-Kane crafted and launched the Western Union Safeway Weekly Giveaway Instant Win promotion. Each time a customer made a Western Union Money Transfer, Bill Pay or Money Order transaction in a participating Safeway Company Store agent location they automatically received a unique instant win game code. To enter the promotion consumers had to visit a dedicated microsite and enter their instant win game code. Every time they made a qualifying transaction they received another instant win game code and a chance to win one of several prizes.
- To adhere to the No Purchase Necessary requirements, entrants who did not want to make a Western Union transaction, could request a free code by mail which they could use to enter.
- With a total of 248 prizes including several $500, $50 and $20 Safeway Gift Cards the promotion incentivized consumers to utilize Western Union’s transaction services several times during the course of the promotion and created a buzz around the promotion.
- To further entice consumers to use Western Union’s transaction services an automated email was sent to all entrants that did not win a prize, with a promotion code to save 40% off on their next qualifying transaction fee.
- The number of entries that this promotion yielded surpassed the client’s expectations.
- Roughly 25% of entrants opted in to receive additional information about Western Union and be on their email list.
1 thought on “Case Study: The Western Union Safeway Weekly Giveaway Instant Win Game”
I’ve used safeway western union on several occasions. And will continue to use my convent neighborhood grocer, for all my western union needs.